You can easily receipt money onto a landlord record.
- Click Contacts on the main toolbar
- Select the relevant contact (landlord) from Recent & Favourite Contacts
- Alternatively, find the contact (landlord) using the Search Contacts bar in the top right
- Click Actions
- Within the dropdown menu, click Receipt
- The Receive From window opens
- Enter the Receipt Date
- In the dropdown menu, click the Receipt Type
- Enter a Bank Reference (if required)
- Using the Receive into Bank Account dropdown menu, click the bank account the money was receipted into
- Enter the total Amount Received
- Alto automatically allocates the money against the oldest charge first. If you would like to change how it allocates the money, tick/untick the Allocate? box
- Alternatively, change the amount in the Received column, against the relevant charge
- Click Update
- If the landlord has no outstanding charges, a box appears
- Click Yes
A record of the receipt is available to view in the landlords Transactions and Timeline, both available on the side menu.
From the Timeline, if you click the purple Here, you can choose to Issue and send a copy of the receipt using the landlords preferred delivery method.