Reversing a receipt on an applicant

Chris Horroll
Chris Horroll
  • Updated

If you have receipted money incorrectly on an applicant (contacts) record, or if a simple error has been made, the receipt can be reversed and undone. If required, you can then re-receipt the monies correctly.  


You can only undo a receipt if the money has not yet been paid out of Alto. For example, administration fees that have been paid to your fee bank account, cannot be undone

  1. Click Contacts on the main toolbar
  2. Select the relevant contact from Recent & Favourite Contacts
    1. Alternatively, find the contact using the Search Contacts bar in the top right
  3. Click Transactions on the side menu
  4. Click ... (Actions) on the right of the receipt you want to reverse
  5. Alto will ask for confirmation of the reversal, click Yes to proceed

If a charge has been raised, this will show as outstanding again.
For more information on Reversing and editing a charge on a tenancy, click here

Related articles: 

Credit a charge on an applicant