If you have receipted money incorrectly on an applicant (contacts) record, or if a simple error has been made, the receipt can be reversed and undone. If required, you can then re-receipt the monies correctly.
You can only undo a receipt if the money has not yet been paid out of Alto. For example, administration fees that have been paid to your fee bank account, cannot be undone
- Click Contacts on the main toolbar
- Select the relevant contact from Recent & Favourite Contacts
- Alternatively, find the contact using the Search Contacts bar in the top right
- Click Transactions on the side menu
- Click ... (Actions) on the right of the receipt you want to reverse
- Alto will ask for confirmation of the reversal, click Yes to proceed
If a charge has been raised, this will show as outstanding again.
For more information on Reversing and editing a charge on a tenancy, click here