You can easily receipt money onto an applicant record.
If you have received a holding deposit or rent money before creating a tenancy, you should receipt this in as Held Monies or preferably create a proposed tenancy for the applicant and receipt the money onto the tenancy
- Click Contacts on the main toolbar
- Select the relevant contact (applicant) from Recent & Favourite Contacts
- Alternatively, find the contact (applicant) using the Search Contacts bar in the top right
- Click Actions
- Within the dropdown menu, click Receipt
- The Receive From window appears
- Enter the Receipt Date
- Select the Receipt Type
- Enter a Bank Reference (if required)
- Using the Receive into Bank Account dropdown menu, select the bank account the money was receipted into
- Enter the Amount Received
- Alto will automatically allocate the money against the oldest charge first. If you would like to change how it allocates the money, you will need to tick/untick the Allocate? tickbox. Alternatively, you can change the amount in the Received column against the relevant charge
- Click Update to save
A record of the receipt is available to view in the applicants Transactions and Timeline, both available on the side menu.
From the Timeline, if you click the purple Here, you can choose to Issue and send a copy of the receipt using the applicants preferred delivery method. You can also click the purple View to download a copy of the invoice.