If you need to receipt money that is to be retained against an applicant record, you can do so, and it will be held until needed. For example, if you were receipting holding deposit monies but a relevant tenancy had yet to be created.
Not what you’re looking for? Did you mean…
- Click Contacts on the main toolbar
- Select the relevant contact (applicant) from Recent & Favourite Contacts
- Alternatively, find the contact (applicant) using the Search Contacts bar in the top right
- Click Actions
- From the dropdown menu, click Receipt
- The Receive From window opens
- Receipt Date - Set the Receipt Date
- Receipt Type - You can change this to the correct payment method from the dropdown menu
- Bank Reference - A reference can be entered, if required
- Receive into Bank Account - Set the bank account the money was received in to, using the dropdown menu
- Amount Received - Enter the total amount you received
- Ensure there are no Outstanding charges that Alto is trying to allocate the money against
- If any charges are ticked in the Allocate? column, untick them so the money received doesn’t get allocated to these charges
- Click Update
- A Monies Held box appears
- You have the option to edit Held Monies with a description of your choice (if required)
- Click Yes
This money is now be available to use against future charges. A record of the receipt is available to view in the applicants Transactions and Timeline, both available on the side menu.
From the Timeline, if you click the purple Here, you can choose to Issue and send a copy of the receipt using the applicants preferred delivery method. You can also click the purple View to download a copy of the invoice.