If your agency holds keys for a property, as well as being able to add information about them to a record, i.e. silver Yale key for garage, you can also edit their information or mark them as lost or returned. When the key sets are permanently returned to a vendor or landlord, the keys are removed from the property record so the key tag can be used again.
This article includes:
- Viewing Keys on a property record
- Edit Keys, Mark as Lost, or Returned to Vendor/Landlord
- Remove a Key record
To view keys relating to a property record:
- Click Property on the main toolbar
- Select the relevant property from Recent & Favourite Properties
- Alternatively, find the property using the Search Properties bar in the top right
- Click Keys on the side menu
A list of keys recorded on the property record will be displayed.
For more information on Adding keys to a property, click here
To edit information relating to the key(s), or to mark it as lost or returned:
- Click the line the key is recorded on
- The Amend Key Set window appears. Add or edit the information in the available fields
- Click Mark as Lost to update the key Status description to Lost
- Click Returned to Vendor / Landlord to update the key Status description to Returned
- Click OK to save your changes
A record of the changes appear in the Timeline, accessed from the side menu.
To remove a key, or set of keys permanently:
- Click the Bin icon on the far right side of the key record
- Click Yes to confirm
A record confirming the key, or set of keys, has been removed is added to the Timeline, accessed from the side menu.