In the Diary, General appointments are used for booking surveyors, property inspections and meetings amongst others. Each General Appointment can be identified by selecting a relevant category, known as a Diary Entry Type and can be entered as a recurring appointment. General appointments can be booked directly from the diary or via a contact or property record.
This article includes:
- Booking a General Appointment from the Diary
- Booking a General Appointment from a contact or property
- Booking a Recurring Appointment
- Click Diary on the main toolbar
- To view all users in the Diary, click Branch Diaries from within the Available Diaries section
- Select the required branch from the Branch dropdown menu
- Set Style to Resource View from the dropdown menu
- Select your appointment date from the calendar, or, use Today and the < > buttons to locate the required day
- Scroll along to the person who you are booking the appointment for and click and drag your mouse over the time you want to capture
- The Schedule Appointment window appears. Click General Appointment
The Schedule Appointment window allows you to set the various options for the appointment.
- Negotiators/Groups - You can add more attendees or diary groups to the appointment by typing their name.
For more information on Setting up and amending Diary Groups, click here
- Entry Type - This can only be edited by your Group Administrator.
For more information on Adding a diary entry type, click here
- Associated Contacts/Properties - Although optional, you can search and select for associated contacts and properties. When added to the appointment, an entry will be recorded against both timelines
- Notify Attendees by Email - Slide the toggle on if you would like to send a notification email to the selected people in the Negotiators/Groups field. You can then type your message into the email message area
- Click Save
The appointment appears in the Diary. If when scheduling the appointment, you set it as Urgent, the appointment appears in red.
If you need to make appointments in your diary for people like photographers and accompanying viewers, who don't need to log into Alto, we can set them up as a non-chargeable diary user for you.
For more information on Adding a photographer or accompanying viewer to the diary, click here
A General Appointment can also be added from both a Contact or Property record.
- Click either Property or Contacts on the main toolbar
- Select the relevant property or contact from Recent & Favourite
- Alternatively, find the property or contact using the Search bar in the top right
- Click Actions at the top of the record
- Click Add General Appointment from the dropdown menu
- The Appointment Details window appears
- If you need to view all users in the Diary, please follow the instructions above in the previous section
- Enter the Date and Time details or click on the Green Calendar to check if the appointment date and time is available
- Continue to complete the appointment information as detailed above in the previous section
- You'll notice the Contact(s) or Property/Properties details are completed depending on where you added the General Appointment
If your General Appointment will reoccur every day/week/month/year, it can be set up as recurring. This might be used for regular meetings, holidays and other such events.
- Follow the instructions above in the relevant section to book a General Appointment
- In the Schedule Appointment / Appointment Details window, click Recurring Apt? to slide the toggle on
- Complete the additional fields as necessary depending on the frequency, occurrence, time and dates of the reoccurring appointment
- Continue to complete the General Appointment as detailed above in the relevant section
By selecting the Associated Contacts / Properties for your appointment, Alto will record the General Appointment details in the corresponding timelines