In the Diary, General appointments are used for booking surveyors, property inspections and meetings amongst others. Each General Appointment can be identified by selecting a relevant category, known as a Diary Entry Type and can be entered as a recurring appointment. General appointments can be booked directly from the diary or via a contact or property record.
This article includes:
- Booking a General Appointment from the Diary
- Booking a General Appointment from a contact or property
- Booking a Recurring Appointment
- Click Diary on the main toolbar
- To view all users in the Diary, click Branch Diaries from within the Available Diaries section
- Select the required branch from the Branch dropdown menu
- Set Style to Resource View from the dropdown menu
- Select your appointment date from the calendar, or, use Today and the < > buttons to locate the required day
- Scroll along to the person who you are booking the appointment for and click and drag your mouse over the time you want to capture
- The Schedule Appointment window appears. Click General Appointment
The Schedule Appointment window allows you to set the various options for the appointment.
- Negotiators/Groups - You can add more attendees or diary groups to the appointment by typing their name.
For more information on Setting up and amending Diary Groups, click here
- Entry Type - This can only be edited by your Group Administrator.
For more information on Adding a diary entry type, click here
- Associated Contacts/Properties - Although optional, you can search and select for associated contacts and properties. When added to the appointment, an entry will be recorded against both timelines
- Notify Attendees by Email - Slide the toggle on if you would like to send a notification email to the selected people in the Negotiators/Groups field. You can then type your message into the email message area
- Click Save
The appointment appears in the Diary. If when scheduling the appointment, you set it as Urgent, the appointment appears in red.
A General Appointment can also be added from both a Contact or Property record.
- Click either Property or Contacts on the main toolbar
- Select the relevant property or contact from Recent & Favourite
- Alternatively, find the property or contact using the Search bar in the top right
- Click Actions at the top of the record
- Click Add General Appointment from the dropdown menu
- The Appointment Details window appears
- If you need to view all users in the Diary, please follow the instructions above in the previous section
- Enter the Date and Time details or click on the Green Calendar to check if the appointment date and time is available
- Continue to complete the appointment information as detailed above in the previous section
- You'll notice the Contact(s) or Property/Properties details are completed depending on where you added the General Appointment
If your General Appointment will reoccur every day/week/month/year, it can be set up as recurring. This might be used for regular meetings, holidays and other such events.
- Follow the instructions above in the relevant section to book a General Appointment
- In the Schedule Appointment / Appointment Details window, click Recurring Apt? to slide the toggle on
- Complete the additional fields as necessary depending on the frequency, occurrence, time and dates of the reoccurring appointment
- Continue to complete the General Appointment as detailed above in the relevant section
By selecting the Associated Contacts / Properties for your appointment, Alto will record the General Appointment details in the corresponding timelines