As existing accounts don't get migrated into Alto, you'll need to manually add your first rent charge onto each active tenancy.
Once you have added the first rent charge to an active tenancy, the next date is the one which your tenant is due to pay. This will only need to be added once. When the next rent due charge is added, Alto will continue to raise the charge at the frequency you have selected, i.e. monthly/weekly/four weekly/annually.
All landlord and property initial settings must be set up before adding your tenancy charges.
For more information on setting up Initial settings on a tenancy, click here
For more information on setting up Initial settings on a property, click here
- Click Tenancy on the main toolbar
- Select the relevant tenancy from Recent & Favourite Tenancies
- Alternatively, find the tenancy using the Search Tenancies bar in the top right
- The tenancy Overview screen will open. Click Actions
- In the dropdown menu, click Charge
- Click Add Charge
- The Add Charge for this Tenancy window opens
- Charge Date - Set this as the next date which the tenant is due to pay their rent
- Charge To - This remains as the tenancy at the property address
- Frequency - Set this as the frequency which your tenant agreed to pay rent on their tenancy agreement
- Charge Item - Click Landlord Income and then tick Rent
- Description - It's advised that you don't edit or delete this as it allows Alto to generate the monthly description based on the charge date and the frequency
- Net Amount - Enter the amount you will be charging
- Click OK
You will now be back on the Charges for this Tenancy screen. If automated charging is turned on, you can leave that screen without raising the charge, as Alto will raise it for you automatically when it becomes due.
To keep track of all your un-raised charged, we recommend checking the Charges to Raise report. This can be found in Reporting on the main toolbar, within Property Management Financials.
- The format of the Description can be changed permanently in System Administration. To edit the format, you will need access to System Administration. Your appointed office Group Administrator will have access to these functions
- To check if automated raising of charges is turned on, click Tools on the main toolbar, then System Administration on the side menu. Click Companies and then Edit.
If Stop Automated Charging is unticked, it means that it's turned on and will allow Alto to raise invoices just after midnight on their due date. To edit your default settings, you will need access to System Administration. Your appointed office Group Administrator will have access to these functions