Invoices from suppliers can be added as an expense on to a property for payment from the landlords income. The charge could be for any invoice where a works order hasn't been created, such as an electricity bill, or any other expenses incurred by your landlord.
After an expense is added, it will appear as a debit on the landlords statement, until funds are available for it to be paid.
If the property is vacant, a landlord statement can be created with the expense items, requesting the landlord send your agency funds for the invoice, so the relevant supplier can be paid.
This article includes:
- Property expense payable by a landlord
- Raise expense
- View the property expense in Landlord Transactions
An expense can be added to a property for an ad-hoc invoice, such as an electricity bill or regular gardening, without the need to create a works order.
- Click Property on the main toolbar
- Select the relevant property from Recent & Favourite Properties
- Alternatively, find the property using the Search Properties bar in the top right
- The property Overview screen opens. Click Actions
- In the dropdown menu, click Charge
- Click Add Charge
- The Add Charge for window appears
- Charge Date - Edit this (if required) to the date which the expense charge is due
- Frequency - Leave this as Single or edit it if the charge is going to be reoccurring
- Charge Item - Click Expense and then tick the relevant option
- Description - Edit this to suit the description of the expense
- Net Amount - Enter the amount payable to the supplier
- Supplier - Search for and select the supplier to whom the expense is payable
- Suppliers Reference - Add the supplier's invoice number (if available)
- Click OK
If you don't raise the charge immediately, it will raise automatically on the Charge Date. However, if you do want to raise the expense immediately:
- Tick Raise Now next to the charge you have created
- Click Raise Selected
A record of the charge is recorded within the landlords Transactions. If you are on the property record:
- Click the landlords name to navigate to their contact record
- On the Overview screen, ensure the correct Landlord has been selected
- Click Transactions on the side menu
- The transaction will appear on the date the charge was raised