Exporting the diary is a one-way synchronisation, and so changes made in your calendar application will not synchronise back to your Alto diary. The export from Alto to your applications should be considered as read-only by the end user.
The Alto Diary Export function has been designed to allow you to export Alto diary events into applications that allow you to import a calendar from a URL. Once you have set up your calendar to import .ics files from Alto, appointments within 1 month of the current date will be imported into your personal calendar. For example, if today’s date is 12th August, appointments between 12th July and 12th September of the same year, will be exported to your device.
The appointments will contain details of the property linked to the viewing or appointment, leads, landlord/viewer/tenant(s) and their main telephone number, providing the information is available.
Updates to your Alto diary will be visible in your personal calendar based on the settings applied to your calendar application.
This article includes:
For your Alto diary to automatically export your diary appointments, you will need to enable the function within Alto.
- Click Diary on the main toolbar
- Click My Diary on the side menu
- Click the Sync symbol to open the Alto Diary Export
- Slide the toggle to enable Diary Export
- A URL will display in the text box. Click an option to extract the URL:
- Copy Link - Copies the URL to your computer allowing you to paste it elsewhere
- Send SMS - A text message containing the URL is sent to your mobile number that is set in your Alto user settings
- Send Email -The URL is sent to the email address that is set in your Alto user settings
You will need access to System Administration, to edit your user settings. Your appointed Group Administrator will have access to these permissions
- Tap Settings
- Tap Passwords & Accounts
- Tap Add Account
- Tap Other
- Tap Add Subscribed Calendar
- In the Server field, type or paste the URL from the Alto Diary Export
- Tap Next
- In the Description field, change the diary name
- Tap Save
It's important you're aware that it is your responsibility to ensure you take suitable technical and organisational measure to keep your customers personal data safe outside of your CRM, Alto