Welcome to Alto!
The information here provides you with the details involved in the process of setting up your Alto software, and introduces you to the teams you will be involved with along the way.
The short video below will give you a brief run through of the process of setting up your Alto software. Alternatively, you can read on for a step by step guide.
Initially, you will be sent an email to your My Account program. This is to provide us with information to progress your order for installation, compiling the relevant account information, templates, branding and business details, onto your Alto system.
The email will be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org and contains a link with your allocated username and password, to log in to your personalised My Account program.
For more information on My Account and how to complete your to do list, please see here.
This article includes:
- Welcome call with the project coordinator
- Completion of integral areas of My Account
- Match areas
- Process of installation
Shortly after receiving your My Account login details, your dedicated project coordinator will contact you to arrange a convenient time for a 15-20 minute call.
During your welcome call, your project coordinator will discuss the following:
- Details of your order:
- Number of offices
- Number of users
- Number of accounts licenses
- Any add-ons, i.e. The Letting Centre letters pack, PropertyFile
- Do you market Sales and/or Lettings, Property Management and Accounts?
- Will you be manually adding your data or are we migrating you from a current software system?
- How many properties you manage (if relevant)
- Any specific requirements
- The process for completing My Account, section by section
For more information on My Account overview and login, click here
- The structure of the training sessions
- A brief overview of the accounts practice and go live process
- An estimated timescale for project completion
Following your Welcome call with your project coordinator, in order to ensure your training takes place as scheduled and your Alto implementation progresses smoothly, the following areas need to be completed on your My Account program:
- API Agreement
- Design Sign Off
- Property Management Accounts Preparation
- Property Management Accounts Configuration
Please also ensure you have provided a full list of your Match areas within the Pre-Configuration section.
Match areas refer to the specific areas within which your agency operates, i.e. the areas in which you market properties and the areas your applicants are interested in living. These details are an integral factor in ensuring that the setup of the matching process is successful.
Match areas can be listed as either place names or postcodes, but not a mixture of both formats. We suggest place names are easier to identify by the user, than that of postcodes.
If you have additional areas in which you infrequently market properties, these can be added at any time by your Group Administrator