Alto uses a word processor to create letter templates. In each letter template, merge codes are added, so when it's produced, the details of the record you have selected is merged with the selected contact, property or tenancy record, to produce a complete document.
When a document is created, the content can be edited before you Finalise and either Print, Email or send by eSign to the selected recipients.
There are two types of letter templates in Alto, to which merge codes can be added:
- Ad hoc template
- One that is based upon a Timeline entry (also known as an event-driven template)
- Click Tools on the main toolbar
- On the side menu, under App Tools, click Letter and Stationary Templates
- Click the Letter Template you want to edit
- The Letter Template opens. Position your cursor in the area of your letter template where you’d like the merge code to appear and press # on your keyboard
- The merge code search box opens. Start typing the name of the merge code until the correct code appears (A description identifying more details of each merge code appears with each code)
For more information on a List of merge codes for letter templates, click here
- Click on your required merge code. It will now appear in the position of your cursor on the template
- Click Save