In Alto, you can easily search through existing applicant contact records as well as create new applicant records.
This article includes:
- Search for an existing applicant record
- Adding a new applicant
- Completing your applicant contact record
Before adding a new contact record, you should first check that the contact doesn't already exist in Alto.
To find an existing applicant record, you can enter the applicants:
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Contact address
- A combination of the above
You can click the down arrow at the end of the Search Contacts bar to include Archived applicants and to further filter the search
You might also want to consider utilising Groups to quickly view your applicants.
For more information on Creating a group of contacts, click here
For more information on Printing a list of applicants, click here
If you are unable to locate an existing record for the contact, you will need to create a new contact record.
Applicants that make enquiries through portals such as Zoopla may not need to be added manually
For more information on Enquiries, click here
- Click Contacts on the main toolbar
- Click Add Contact
- The Type of record needs to be set to Client
- In the dropdown menu, record the applicants Intention, i.e. Rent or Buy
- In the dropdown menu, record the Lead Source. This is where this applicant heard about you
(This dropdown can be edited by your Group Administrator)
- Allocate this applicant to a specific Branch and Negotiator
- Enter all the relevant applicant details that you have within the First Person, Second Person and Address sections
- Tick the appropriate Account Delivery Method(s)
- Click Save
A Client can be an Applicant, Vendor or Landlord. A contact can also be a combination of two or all three client types
For more information on Adding a new contact and searching for contacts, click here
For more information on Adding a landlord, click here
For more information on Adding a vendor, click here
For more information on Adding a supplier, click here
With the basic record added, within your applicant contact record, you can use the Position top tab to record more information about your client.
- Click Contact on the side menu
- Click the Position top tab
- In the dropdown menu, record their current Position
- In the dropdown menu, record their Disposal position
- In the Why Moving dropdown menu, record their motivation for moving
- In the dropdown menu, record their Timescale that they are working to
- In the dropdown menu, record their Rating
- Tick if they are a Potential Vendor or Potential Landlord
- Complete the Money Laundering Checks section
For more information on Anti Money Laundering (AML) Checks, click here
You can link copies of proof of ID to your applicant record.
For more information on How to upload documents to a contact, click here
You can also record the applicants Financial Services referral information, but, you must first complete the information in the Preference Centre top tab.
For more information on Preference Centre GDPR consent features, click here
For more information on Financial services referrals, click here
To qualify what sort of property your applicant is looking for:
- Click Requirements on the side menu
- Complete the Search Profile fields
For more information on Adding an applicants requirements profile, click here
- When you have entered all the contacts relevant information, click Save