Page numbering is added to a Stationery Template in the Stationery Designer, and not on the Letter Template.
To avoid adding page numbering on an existing template which might already be used for other letters, best practice is that you create a new Stationery Template.
For more information on Cloning a stationery template, click here
If the stationery template doesn't open in a new browser tab at point 4 below, your browser may be set to block pop-ups. Contact your IT company for changes to your pop up blocker settings
To add page numbering:
- Click Tools on the main toolbar
- On the side menu, under App Tools, click Letters & Stationery Templates
- Click the relevant, new Stationery Template, identified by a folded page symbol
- The Stationery Designer opens in a new tab on your browser
- Click into the page, and on the toolbar, click Add Section
- Choose Type displays. Click Dynamic Text
- The Dynamic Text Editor displays. Click the Doc Fields tab
- Click Doc: Page X of Y. The respective code populates the text box
- Click Close
- Page 1 of 1 will appear in the middle of your template
- Click and hold your cursor inside the blue box to drag it into the correct position on the page
- Click and hold your cursor on a corner to reduce the size of the blue box
- Click Save on the toolbar
- Close the Stationery Designer tab on your browser
The new Stationery Template is available for you to select in any chosen Letter Template.
For more information on Amending a letter template, click here