If you need to, you can add a commission charge to a supplier. The commission charge is set up as a percentage and can be deducted from a specific expense type, either from the gross or net amount of an invoice.
The supplier will see a breakdown of the commission deducted on their remittance advice.
- Click Contacts on the main toolbar
- Select the relevant contact (supplier) from Recent & Favourite Contacts
- Alternatively, find the contact (supplier) using the Search Contacts bar in the top right
- The supplier Overview will display. Click Actions
- Within the dropdown menu, click Charge
- Click Add Commission
- The Add Supplier Fee For window opens
- Description - Edit this to a more accurate representation, if required
- Charged on - Untick if the commission is charged on any expense item. Tick if there is an individual expense which the commission is to be charged
- Commission % - Add the total percentage to be deducted
- Deduct from Gross Amount % - Untick if the percentage is to be deducted from the net amount of the expense. Tick if the percentage is to be deducted from the gross amount of the expense
- Charge From - The date which you want the commission to start deducting
- End Date - Leave this blank, unless the commission charge is to stop on a particular date
- Click OK
- Click Close
The landlord will only see the full amount of the invoice, and not the commission amount paid to the supplier on their landlord statement.