The PropertyFile Landlord Portal allows your landlords to track key statistics such as their property’s marketing performance, follow their viewings, lettings and maintenance, as well as obtain copies of their statements and any documents that have been shared with them
The Landlord Portal feature is only available to customers with Property Management enabled in Alto. Property Management users will find the module available to them within PropertyFile.
This article includes:
- Activating the Landlord Portal
- Customising the Landlord Portal
- Inviting your landlords to PropertyFile
You will need to have first activated PropertyFile before being able to activate the Landlord Dashboard.
For more information on Activating PropertyFile, click here
- Within Alto, click Tools on the main toolbar
- In the dropdown menu, click Templates and admin
- On the side menu, under System Tools, click PropertyFile
- On Alto PropertyFile Administration, click the Pencil alongside your Domain
- The PropertyFile Dashboard will open. Click Manage Modules on the side menu
- Scroll down to Landlord Dashboard and slide the toggle to On
- Click Save
- Click Confirm
Once you've switched on the Landlord Dashboard, you can customise it to choose which features you'd like to make available to your landlords.
- From your PropertyFile Dashboard, click Advanced Configuration on the side menu
- Click the Landlord Dashboard tab
- Switch on/off any sections you do/don't wish to utilise by sliding the toggle(s). Alternatively, switch on/off any feature within a section by selecting/deselecting the tickbox(es)
- If you make any changes, click Save
When a landlord logs into PropertyFile, they land on their Dashboard. From here, they can click Change Property to view the list of available properties and select the one they wish to see details for. They can also click through the different tabs to see each section of their portal.
Within Alto, you have the ability to choose which properties you allow your landlords to see when they login to their Dashboard.
- Click Contacts on the main toolbar
- Select the relevant contact (landlord) from Recent & Favourite Contacts
- Alternatively, find the contact (landlord) using the Search Contacts bar in the top right
- Click PropertyFile on the side menu
- Properties owned by the contact display. Click X to deselect a property
- All properties marked as included will be available to your landlord when they log into PropertyFile
If a landlord is also a vendor with your agency, PropertyFile will show them the Vendor Dashboard by default. They can click on Landlord on the main toolbar to switch to their Landlord Dashboard
The Marketing tab details the property’s portal statistics from the portals who publish this information. Your landlord will also be able to see the number of adverts and property details sent out that have included their property.
The Viewings tab details property viewings scheduled to take place, including the viewing status. Once a viewing has taken place, you're able to enter viewing feedback in Alto and share this with your landlord through PropertyFile. Feedback entered into Alto is automatically visible to your contacts in PropertyFile. Past viewings are also summarised in the lower section of the Viewings tab including external feedback added to Alto.
Internal feedback will not be visible in PropertyFile to your landlords
The Tenancies tab shows the details of the current tenancy for a property including the tenancy period, rent amount and tenant names. It's also where the landlord can see any documents which have been shared in relation to the tenancy.
For more information on Sharing documents with landlords and tenants, click here.
The Accounts tab gives landlords an overview of their statements enabling them to see at a glance how much Rent & Other Income has been received, what Deductions have been made, and how much has been paid to them or withheld. They can also download a detailed copy of each of their statements should they need to.
You can choose to share the property maintenance works orders with your landlord.
For more information on PropertyFile Maintenance - overview, setup and configuration, click here.
You can resend PropertyFile invites, or invite your landlords to get started with PropertyFile either individually from their contact record in Alto or in bulk via the relevant contact Groups.
The process for doing this is exactly the same as it would be for your applicants, tenants and vendors.
For more information on Inviting contacts to PropertyFile, click here.