You can easily view the sales chain, and add in properties to enhance or clarify the chain.
This article includes:
A property's sale progression can be accessed in either one of two ways:
- Click Progressions on the main toolbar
- Click All Sales on the side menu
- Click the relevant sale from the list
From the Property:
- Click Properties on the main toolbar
- Select the relevant property from Recent & Favourite Properties
- Alternatively, find the property using the Search Properties bar in the top right
- Click Actions
- In the dropdown menu, click Sales Progression
To navigate up and down the chain, click on the properties in the Chain Overview section. As you select a property in this chain, the middle section, Chain Link Detail, updates to show you the parties involved in that particular sale. The currently selected property will appear in blue in the Chain Overview to indicate where you are looking at in the chain. Any actions you take on the selected property will then relate to just that sale in the chain.
Where Alto is aware of related internal sales, these will be automatically included in the Chain Overview; e.g. where one of your purchasers is also selling through your branch, or one of your other branches, their property will appear linked beneath their property purchase in the chain, as long as the same contact record has been used.
For external sales, or where one of the parties involved in an external sale is also one of your vendors or purchasers, it is possible to manually add properties into the chain, above and below, by using the + buttons in the Chain Overview:
- Click the + where you wish to add a sale into your chain
- If you are adding one to an existing external sale in your chain, you will be asked who is marketing the property to add to this chain?. Choose whether the sale you are adding is Marketed by us or Externally Marketed
- Any unknown information about the sale to be added can now be added:
- Purchaser(s) details in the left column
- The Property details in the centre column, and
- Vendor(s) details in the right column
NB. Sale status is important as it affects the flash shown in the top-left corner of each sale in the chain, enabling you to see how far each sale has progressed
- Click Add Property to Chain and your new sale appears in the Chain Overview
External sales can be amended by clicking the pencil symbol, or removed, by clicking the red cross