Changing the board on a property can be actioned manually, or, when you're automatically prompted to do so. You'll be automatically prompted to action a board change (if this functionality is enabled for your branch office) whenever you do something that changes the property's status, i.e. when you make a property Available.
A property must have progressed to at least Instructed status before you can action a board change
- Click Property on the main toolbar
- Select the relevant property from Recent & Favourite Properties
- Alternatively, find the property using the Search Properties bar in the top right
- Click Actions
- In the dropdown menu, click Board Change
- The Board Change window opens. In the Board Instruction dropdown menu, click the relevant board
- Tick the Send Now? box if you wish to send an automated email request to your board contractor straight away
- If you don't wish to send the request straight away, the pending board order request can be found in Board Management
- In the Board Contractor dropdown menu, click the relevant board contractor you wish to use (If you only use one contractor, they'll be pre-selected for you)
- Type any Notes that you wish to be included in the email request to the board contractor
- Tick Include Owner Name if you want the owner's contact details to be included in the email request to the board contractor
- Click OK
The board change is recorded on the property’s Timeline.
If at step 4 you see a message informing you that This Property is set as Board Not Required, the property has been marked as not needing a board and therefore the board change cannot be carried out.
If this is in error, in order to enable boards for the property: