The steps below outline how to book a market appraisal appointment for a contact.
- Click Contacts on the main toolbar
Select the relevant contact from Recent & Favourite Contacts
- Alternatively, find the contact using the Search Contacts bar in the top right
- Click Actions
- In the dropdown menu, click Book a MA
- The Add a Market Appraisal or Property window opens. In The Property section, if the property they want appraising is their correspondence address, click Copy address from Vendor/Landlord
- If the address isn't their correspondence address, click Add New
- The Add New Property window opens. You can either use the Postcode finder to set the address, or manually enter the property address
- Check the address is correct and then select:
- The Branch you want this property to be allocated to
- The Negotiator you want this property to be allocated to
- Market - Click For Sale for a sales property or To Let for a lettings property
- Property Category - Click Residential or Commercial
- Type of property - i.e. House
- Enter the number of Rooms, Bedrooms, Bathrooms and Receptions, if known
- Click Next
- Click Book to add a Market Appraisal to your diary
- The Book Appointment for a Market Appraisal window opens. In the Appraiser dropdown menu, click the staff member who will carry out the appraisal
- If another staff member is joining them, click their name from within the Accompanied By dropdown menu
- A Date & Time for the appointment can be entered, or selected using the calendar
- If a Reminder is required, click the appropriate time from within the dropdown menu
- Click the relevant Type of appraisal from within the dropdown menu
- In the Lead Source dropdown menu, click the relevant marketing approach which has attracted the owner to you
- Type in any required Notes
- Click Next
- Click Finish
- The Send Confirmations and Set Up Reminders for this Market Appraisal window opens. You can choose to send confirmation messages to the owner; amend the E-Mail and/or SMS Text message to your liking, and choose whether to send out a Reminder closer to the appointment.
Click Send All when ready
You may be offered the opportunity to produce an appraisal form in readiness for the appointment and, if the owner doesn't have an email address or mobile phone, an appointment confirmation letter. These can be handled like any other letter
For more information on how to Create and send an event driven letter, click here
An appointment for this appraisal appears in the Diary, a new property record is created (if new), and a task added. This ensures that the market appraisal is subsequently followed up.
At this point, you may want to prepare for your appraisal by Generating a Property valuation report. The report provides you with an accurate and efficient way to assess the value of properties prior to carrying out the market appraisal, and contains useful property data and insights, such as flood risk, similar properties and planning applications.