PropertyFile gives your clients the ability to manage their contact preferences or delete their PropertyFile account at the click of a button, helping them stay in control.
They will need to be logged into their PropertyFile account in order to do this.
This article includes:
To manage their preferences, your clients will need to:
- Log in to their PropertyFile account
- Click their name in the top right-hand corner
- Click Settings
- Scroll down to Notification Settings. Here, they can choose which notifications they are happy to receive by email by ticking the relevant boxes. Removing the tick from the box will switch off the notification. They can revisit this page at any time and opt back in should they wish to
- At the bottom of the page is an option for clients to Delete my account. Clicking this will deactivate their account. A notification is sent to you as the agent advising of this deletion, enabling you to update your records accordingly. Should the client change their mind later, they will need to contact you and request you set them up again
If your client has access to the tenant app, they can also choose if they wish to receive tenancy updates or updates on maintenance issues via Notification settings
In the event your client has forgotten their PropertyFile password, you can reset this for them in Alto as follows:
- Click Contacts on the main toolbar
- Select the relevant contact from Recent & Favourite Contacts
- Alternatively, find the contact using the Search Contacts bar in the top right
- Click PropertyFile on the side menu
- Click Reset Password
An email will then be sent to the client giving them the chance to reset their password and access their PropertyFile account. They will then be able to manage their contact preferences using the steps in the section above.