This article includes:
- (Pre Test Migration Checklist and data grab) - We create your Alto database on a test Alto environment. We then take a copy of your data from your existing CRM to undertake the "Test" Migration into the test Alto environment. You are then required to complete the Pre Test Migration Checklist within your Migration Workbook, by recording numbers from your current CRM (such as number of contacts/properties/tenancies/diary entries)
- (Attend Test Migration Review - Kick Off) - Your data is mapped and migrated into the Alto database. One of our Alto experts will walk you through the process of reviewing the data, to check that it has been accurately mapped
- (Complete Test Migration Workbook) - You then work through your Test Migration Workbook, utilising in app guidance, to validate that the test migration from your incumbent CRM to Alto has been mapped correctly, and that you're happy with the data
For more information on Carrying out your Test Migration Review (TMR), click here
- (Sign off Test Migration) - Once you have completed the Test Migration Workbook, you sign off that the data has been mapped correctly
- (Alto Activated) - We arrange a date and time for the full and final extract of data from your existing CRM to be transferred to Alto. (During this time, we recommend no additional changes are made in your existing system)
- (Team Training) - One of our expert Software Trainers will attend an in-person or over Zoom training session with you and your team. You will cover the basics of Alto, through to complex workflows. Our trainer will answer any questions your team may have relating to Alto functionality
- (Post Activation Tasks) - A number of activities may need to be performed in order to ensure you are getting the most from Alto. These tasks will vary depending on the CRM you are moving to Alto from. It's likely however they will include:
- Manually updating information such as Accounts and Media against properties which are not automatically migrated into your Alto
- Ensuring portal and website feeds are active, and,
- Enabling Exchange integration and calendar export
- (Meet your Account Team) - You will be introduced to the team who will be there to help as you continue your Alto journey. Our Account Managers will be there to help you with any subscription or business needs, whilst our Customer Support team can help with your technical troubleshooting
Providing the required My Account items have been completed in full, the Alto database will be created on a test Alto environment, and dates for the data collection and data mapping will be scheduled.
In most instances, one of our Migration Analysts will be able to collect your data directly from your server utilising Team Viewer or other video conferencing applications. If this isn't possible, you will be advised to request the data from your current software supplier. This will be clarified with you prior to the data collection taking place.
We understand the importance of your data and will work with you to make the transition over to Alto as smooth as possible. Whilst this requires a lot of work our end, it also requires work your end too. In order to make sure we have got everything correct, we will need your expertise and input, as ultimately you will know your data a lot better than we do.
Once the data mapping process has been completed, our Migration Analyst will carry out a Test Migration where the mapped data will be migrated into the Alto database.
One of our Onboarding Coordinators will provide you with login details for the Alto test environment, enabling you to review the data, to check that it has been accurately mapped. You then work through your Test Migration Workbook, utilising in app guidance, to validate that the test migration from your incumbent CRM to Alto has been mapped correctly, and that you're happy with the data.
Once you have completed the Test Migration Workbook, you sign off that the data has been mapped correctly.
We arrange a date and time for the full and final extract of data from your existing CRM to be transferred to Alto. A member of the Migrations team will monitor the migration as it runs throughout the day and advise you as soon as this process has completed.
- When the final data migration is completed, your Alto database becomes live, and the migrated data held within the database cannot be wiped or overridden
- No re-migration can occur, as any new data imported into the live database, rather than overriding the current data, would create duplicates of every single record on your system
Your cooperation during the data review process is integral to ensuring that your final data migration is as accurate as possible.