Both of there require a small amount of additional code to allow the PropertyFile widgets to work. Whether you manage your own website or your site is managed by a developer, the instructions are easy to follow.
- Click Tools on the main toolbar
- On the side menu, under System Tools, click PropertyFile
- On Alto PropertyFile Administration, click the Pencil alongside your Domain
- The PropertyFile Dashboard will open. Click Manage Modules on the side menu
- Scroll down to Request Appraisals Online and Request Viewings Online and slide the toggle to On
- Click Save
- Click Confirm
Once enabled, you will need to generate an API key.
- Click either Request an Appraisal or Request a Viewing on the side menu
- Click Generate a new key
- Under Authorised websites, add in the website address you wish to install the widget on (your website address, including https://)
- If this is left blank, you can use the widget on multiple websites
- Share the API key with your web developer
- Download PDF will download a .pdf of the API which you can attach to an email and send to your web developer
- Share via email is the recommended option. This will launch your email client and allow you to send the instructions to your web developer
We recommend you copy the API key, click Share via email, paste the API key into the body of the new email and send
You will need to repeat this action for both the viewings and appraisal widgets.