2 step verification (also known as two-factor authentication) adds an extra layer of security to your account in case your password is stolen.
You will need access to System Administration, to set up 2 step verification when logging into Alto from a new device. Your appointed Group Administrator will have access to these permissions
- Login to Alto
- Click your name in the top right corner
- Click Account Settings
- Slide the toggle to turn on 2-Step Verification
- A notification of the 2 step verification process appears. Click Next to start the set up
- Confirm your password in the Current Password field. This will be your normal Alto password. Click Next when done
- Enter your mobile number and click Next
- Ensure your mobile is with you as you'll receive a verification code. Enter the code in Alto and click Next
- Click Finish to complete the 2 step verification set up
You'll now see the 2-Step Verification has been set up and the toggle is green, indicating it's switched on.
When you login to Alto from any new device, you'll be prompted to complete the 2-Step Verification.