In Vebra/Encore Live, when creating new letters or amending existing ones, you can add merge fields. These are fields that populate the letter with required information, which when producing the letter would change according to the data being used. For example, a merge field for the property address would insert the correct address when producing a letter. This saves you having to type the property address each time you need to produce the letter.
When editing a letter template in Vebra/Encore Live, the merge fields are easily identifiable as they are shrouded with << >> For example, <<VENDOR_NAME>>
New merge fields can be inserted into the letter template using the Insert merge field button:
This prompts a list of the available merge fields, from which the required merge field can be selected:
In Alto, the term used to describe these fields is Merge Codes and the functionality is the same as the merge fields in Vebra/Encore Live.
Inserting a Merge Code in Alto
When working with a letter template in Alto, the merge codes are easily identifiable as they are shrouded with hashes, i.e. #vendor_name#.
- Click Tools on the main toolbar
- On the side menu, under App Tools, click Letter and Stationary Templates
- Click the Letter Template you want to edit
- The Letter Template opens. Position your cursor in the area of your letter template where you’d like the merge code to appear and press # on your keyboard
- The merge code search box opens. Start typing the name of the merge code until the correct code appears (A description identifying more details of each merge code appears with each code).
For example, if you are looking for the merge code for an applicant's mobile phone number, you could just search for app mob and this would find the merge code
For more information on a List of merge codes for letter templates, click here
- Click on your required merge code. It will now appear in the position of your cursor on the template
- Click Save