In order to access Alto, each user must log in with a real, unique email address. Within Alto itself, this is identified as your Login Name.
By having a real, unique email address as your Login Name, one which you can access the inbox of, it enables you to login via our new authentication service and receive password reset and security update information. If you don’t have a real email address, we recommend that you open a new, free email account.
Changing the Alto Login Name
If you, or someone in your branch would like their Login Name changed, your appointed Group Administrator can amend it. A common example of this change being made is amending it from one email address to another.
In this instance however, you would need to ensure you're entering a real email address, or make a new email account.
- Click Tools on the main toolbar
- In the dropdown menu, click Templates and admin
- On the side menu, under System Tools, click System Administration
- Click Group Users
- Enter the name of the user in the Search field and click Search
- Click Edit next to the user account you wish to change
- Remove or amend the Login Name shown
- Click Save
The user will now be able to log in to Alto with the new Login Name.