Creating A New Stationary Template
The Letter and Stationery Template designer allows to you create letters that can be assigned to certain tasks, as well as bespoke letters that can be printed or emailed. You can also create designer Templates with the theme and graphics of your company.
TIP: The Letters Template deals with creating the text of the letters. This is the main content of the letter. The Stationery Designer is used to add the graphics and branding to the template.
1. Click on Tools > Letter & Stationery Templates. A list of all existing Letter and Stationery templates will be displayed.
2. Click on Actions > Create Stationery Template…
3. The Stationery Designer will open in a new Tab. In the Add the First Page window, select the Page Size and Orientation for the new Stationery template, then click OK.
Please note – If the designer does not open in a new tab, you may have pop-up blockers set up in your internet browser. You will need to speak to your IT to get this deactivated.
4. When the new page is displayed, click onto the page. You can use the controls to create your new Template by adding elements (in blue boxes) to the page.
- Add Section – Adds a new element (Text, Images or Content) to the template designer.
- Clone Section – Makes a copy of the selected element.
- Delete Section – Removes the selected element.
- Set as BG – Sets the selected element as the background.
5. Click Add Section. The Choose Type box will be displayed. Using these controls allows you to add Elements to the page (indicated by a faint blue box on the page.)
- Content Area – This adds a text box that usually makes up the main body of the template.
- Dynamic Text – This adds merge fields that will pull in information about the property, such as Amount of Bedrooms and Price.
- Library Image – Allows you to add images such as your Logo, headers & footers etc. (Any Images need to ba added to System Administration)
Adding Images to System Administration:
Any images which need to be added to a Brochure or Window Card template need to be added into System Administration part of Alto.
if the images are only needed for an individual branch they will need to be uploaded through Tools>System administration>Branches>Edit Branch>Upload media items (Bottom of the page)
If the image is needed across all branches to save time you can add these into group settings
Tools>System administration>Group Settings>Upload media items (Bottom of the page)
Both options will go to the same screen
When the images are uploaded you'll be able to select them from the Brochure or Window card template.
When in the template>Add Section>Library image>Select either branch or group depending on where you uploaded the image
It'll give you a list of all files which have previously been uploaded to the Group or Branch settings and you'll be able to add these into your template.
6. You can experiment with these tools to create your stationery template. Once the template is finished, it can be Saved and Previewed using the buttons in the top-right of the stationery designer.
- RAW Test – Previews the template using a RAW (unprocessed) format.
- PDF Test – Previews the template as a PDF document.
- Save – Allows you to enter a name and Save the template.