The Diary Export function has been designed to allow you to export Alto diary events into applications which allow you to import calendar from a URL.
Once you have setup your calendar to import ics files from Alto, appointments within 1 month of the current date will be imported into your personal calendar. i.e if today’s date is 12th August 2018, appointments between 12th July 2018 and 12th September 2018, will be exported to your device. The appointments will contain details of the property linked to the viewing or appointment, lead landlord/viewer/tenant(s) and their main telephone number, where the information is available. Updates to your Alto diary will visible in your personal calendar based on the settings applied to your calendar application.
It is important for you to be aware that it is your responsibility to ensure you take suitable technical and organisational measure to keep your customer's personal data safe outside of your CRM, Alto. At ZPG, we have a device management policy, which allows IT to wipe devices if they are compromised.
Setup the Export of your Alto Diary
This is a one-way synchronisation, changes made in your calendar application will not synchronise back to your Alto diary. The export from Alto to your applications should be considered as read-only by the end user.
For your Alto diary to automatically export your diary appointments, you will need to enable to function within Alto.
- Log in to Alto and select the Diary tab
- Select "My Diary"
- Click on the Diary Export icon, you will have the option to enable the feature
- Click on the slider to enable Diary Export
- Once a link is displayed in the text box, select an option to extract the URL
- Copy Link: copies it to your PC, so you paste the link elsewhere
- Send SMS: this will text your mobile, with the URL in the text box, if you have a number setup against your Alto user account
- Send Email: this will email the link to the account you have set up against your Alto user account
How to Import your Alto Diary to an iPhone/iPad
- Go to Settings
- Click on Accounts & Passwords
- Add Account
- Select Other
- Add Subscribed Calendar
- Select the Server text box, type/paste the URL from the Alto Diary Export link
- Click Next
- Here you have the option of changing the Diary name using the Description text box
- Click Save: