Opening Balances on Landlord
OPENING BALANCES are the breakdown of all the cash you hold in your client accounts, which are added onto Alto to give you a starting balance which reconciles with your client bank account
To Add Arrears:
1. To add arrears to a Landlord, go to the Opening Balances section under the Accounts tab at the top and click Arrears.
2. At the top right hand corner select Landlord from the drop down box, select the relevant Landlord, then click Add.
3. Enter all the necessary information for the outstanding invoice then click OK
4. Go through the process again until all the Landlord Arrears have been added, and they are all listed on the screen. When you are ready to Update enter the Total Amount of the arrears into the Target Amount box. Click off the box and then the Post Arrears Charges box should now allow you to click on it.
5. This will then show as outstanding in your Arrears list and on the Landlord account.
To Receipt an Opening Balance:
1. Go back to the Opening Balance screen by clicking Accounts then Opening Balances. Click View on the Bank Account that you wish to receipt the money in to.
2. Ensure you have Landlord selected in the drop down box then locate the Landlord you wish to receipt money against, and click Add.
3. Enter the relevant information then Click ‘OK’
4. Go through this process again until all the Landlord opening balances have been added, and they are all listed on the screen.When you are ready to Update, enter the Total Amount of money received into the Target Amount box. Click off the box and then the Post Bank Balances box should now allow you to click on it.
5. This will then receipt the money into the system and make it available to pay out.
Add Landlord Overseas Tax Held:
When opening the record for Yuor landlord you will see an option for Overseas Tax become available.
Select Overseas Tax to enter the relevant opening balances and click OK to save your changes.
The figures will then show in the list.