Opening Balances on Tenancy
To Add Arrears:
1. To add arrears to a Tenancy go to the Opening Balances section under the Accounts tab at the top and click Arrears.
2. At the top right hand corner select Tenancy from the drop down box, then select the relevant Tenancy and click Add.
3. Enter all the necessary information for the outstanding invoice then click OK. This essentially raises an Invoice and leaves it outstanding.
4. Go through the process again until all the tenancy arrears have been added and they are all listed on the screen. When you are ready to Update enter the Total Amount of the arrears into the Target Amount box. Click off the box and then the Post Arrears Charges box should now allow you to click on it.
5. This will then show as outstanding in your Arrears list and on the Tenancy Account.
To Receipt an Opening Balance:
1. Go back to the Opening Balance screen by clicking Accounts and Opening Balances. Click View on the Bank Account that you wish to receipt the money in to.
Deposits: If you have a Separate Bank Account for holding Tenancy Deposits - remember to select the relevant Deposit account when adding Deposits as Opening Balances.
2. Ensure you have Tenancy selected in the drop down box at the top right, locate the Tenancy you wish to receipt money against, then click Add
3. Enter the relevant information then Click OK
4. Go through this process again until all the Tenancy balances have been added and they are all listed on the screen. When you are ready to Update, enter the Total Amount of money received into the Target Amount box. Click off the box and then the Post Bank Balances box should now allow you to click on it.
5. This will then receipt the money into the system and make it available to pay out.