Opening Balance on Tenant
To Add Arrears:
1. To add arrears to a Tenant go to the Opening Balances section under the Accounts tab at the top and click Arrears.
2. At the top right select Tenant from the drop down box, select the relevant Tenant, then click Add.
3. Enter all the necessary information for the outstanding invoice then click OK. This essentially raises an Invoice and leaves it outstanding.
4. Repeat the process again until all the Tenant Arrears have been added and they are all listed on the screen. When you are ready to Update enter the Total Amount of the arrears into the Target Amount box. Click off the box and then the Post Arrears Charges box should now allow you to click on it.
5. This will then show as outstanding in your Arrears list and on the Tenant Account.
To Receipt an Opening Balance:
1. Go back to the Opening Balance screen by clicking Accounts then Opening Balances. Click View on the Bank Account that you wish to receipt the money into.
2. Ensure you have Tenant selected in the drop down box, locate the tenant you wish to receipt money against, then click Add
3. Enter the relevant information then click OK
4. Go through this process again until all the tenant balances have been added, and they are all listed on the screen. When you are ready to Update, enter the Total Amount of money received into the Target Amount box. Click off the box and then the Post Bank Balances box should now allow you to click on it.
5. This will then receipt the money into the system and make it available to pay out.