Receipting Money on a Tenancy
Please Note: You can only allocate money against rent if the tenancy has been finalised.
1. On the Tenancy go to Actions > Receipt
2. In Amount Received enter the amount that you have received in, and then enter all other relevant information.
3. The system will automatically allocate the money against the oldest charge first. If you wish to change how the system is allocating the money you will need to tick/untick the Allocate boxes or change the amount in the Received column.
4. When you are satisfied with how the system is allocating the money click Update.
- You may see a warning message if the deposit being receipted is more than permitted by the legislation
- If the amount entered in the amount received box is greater than the total outstanding charges a warning box will appear.